Malta’ sister island, so near any yet so far, so alike and so diverse, was first inhabited at the same time as Malta. Testimony to this are the Ġgantija Temples. Built around 3,500 B.C., they are amongst the oldest free-standing structures in stone in the world. The island’s history runs parallel with Malta’s, however it is has its own character. Hillier, greener and prettier, Gozo’s charm lies in its beautiful unspoilt landscape. Coupled with historic locations, a relaxed day out in Gozo will complete your Maltese holiday.
Pick-up and drop-off from the Cruise Liner Terminal Exit or your hotel by a private vehicle and fully licensed tour guide. The itinerary of this tour includes:
- Drive to Cirkewwa, the Malta-Gozo ferry terminal.
- 30 minute ferry crossing.
- Tour of the Gozo’s main highlights; these can include the Citadel and the capital Victoria, Ġgantija Temples, Ta’ Pinu pilgram church, the Salt Pans, Marsalforn Bay and tasting of local specialities. The itinerary is flexible.
- Lunch break in Xlendi Bay or Marsalforn Bay.
- Return by the same ferry and transfer back to your hotel.
Duration: 8 to 9 hours from the agreed meeting time.
Stress level: Moderate. As this is a private tour and transport is available throughout, the walking can be adapted to suit your requirements.
To make a booking or for more information send an email on email@example.com, call or text on 0035699318808 or fill in the form below: