Valletta Walk with St. John’s Co-Cathedral
The Knight’s former Conventual Church, built in just five years and embellished over the span of over two hundred years, was gradually transformed into a spectacular work of art. No expense was spared in creating this masterpiece, as the Knights commissioned top artists and sculptors of the day. The austere façade gives no clue of what lies inside. St. John’s Co- Cathedral is a church like no other, a church of awesome beauty coupled with an interesting and unique history. In the Oratory we will see Caravaggio’s Beheading of St. John the Baptist.
This 3 hours+ walking tour starts with a guided walk of Valletta which will take you to Valletta’s main landmarks and beyond. The tour concludes with a guided visit of St. John’s, giving you the possibility of staying on in the church. Entrance tickets are not included, they can be bought on the day.
Up to 31 December 2023
Every Friday at 10.00 a.m.
At the Parliament building, City Gate Valletta. Your tour guide will have the City Walking Tours Malta sign or a red umbrella.
Public buses as well as the various Hop on Hop off bus companies operate to Valletta City Gate. There is also a multi-story car park just outside City Gate.
|Children 10 to 16||€9.00|
Children 10 years and under are free (max 2 children per adult).
Pay direct or book online. Last minute bookings are accepted.
- Included is a 3 hr+ walk with a fully licensed guide.
- Walk ends in St. John’s Co- Cathedral.
- Entrance tickets into St. John’s: €15 adults, €12 seniors 60+, students with student card and children 11+. Under 11 are free.
- Come with comfortable walking shoes.
- During this walk we will descend some steps.
- No tours are held on Christmas, New Year’s Day and Easter Sunday.